Junior Spartan Athletics
The Junior Spartan program is a COED sports program, created to promote the development of fundamental skills while promoting Christian sportsmanship playing against other schools (Grace Lutheran, Lakeside Christians and Northside Christian). This is a great opportunity for families to get involved and to enhance their experience at OSLS.
Coaches are needed – parents are needed to coach (see below to sign up). There are discounts for parents who coach a team. If we do not have a coach, we cannot field a team for that age group. Below are listed the details you will need to stay informed.
– 3 Divisions: PK4 – K; 1st grade – 2nd grade; 3rd grade – 5th grade
– 6 Week seasons. (Soccer, baseball/tee ball, Lacrosse, flag football/cheer/volleyball, basketball/cheer)
– Practices are primarily on Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:00, @ Bear Creek Park (corner of 1st Ave N and 60th St -2 blocks from school) or on the Sport Court at OSLS.
– Transportation to practice – parents are in charge of pick up and drop off. If you are unable to transport, please let me know in advance, I can try to help by finding a helpful parent to transport your child. This is not always possible though.
– Games are on Saturday mornings between 9 AM and Noon (1 hour each). Younger divisions play early and older divisions play after, based on the number of teams and fields available. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early so we can start the games on the hour. Rain outs are added to the end of the season when possible. Games are played at –
Northside Christian School
7777 62nd Ave North
– Payments – You will be billed through our business office. All payments need to state – Junior Spartans and the sport. DO NOT pay up front. All Registered Players will be billed the first week of practice.
– Registration after Spartan Ready day will be available at $60 per season (+$10 if a shirt is needed=$70)
I look forward to seeing you at the field.
Doug Meissner – Athletic Director